If you or someone you know is heading off to college in the fall, we encourage you to find and apply for as many scholarships as you can – it’s free money for school. Scholarships are gifts that don’t need to be repaid and they are readily available. If you are willing to spend a little time searching and applying, you could save thousands of dollars!
A scholarship might cover the entire cost of your tuition, or it might be a one-time award of a few hundred dollars. Either way, it’s worth applying for, because it will reduce the cost of your education.
How do I Find Scholarships?
- Check with the financial aid office at your college
- Talk to your high school counselor
- Use the U.S. Department of Labor’s FREE scholarship search tool
- Look at foundations, religious or community organizations, local businesses, or civic groups
- Consider organization related to your field of interest
- Check out ethnicity-based opportunities
- Ask your employer or your parent’s employer
- Apply at Members Trust FCU!!
Members Trust Scholarship
Members Trust will award $1,000 in scholarships to four deserving students in 2023. If you are a high school senior or a college student enrolled in an undergrad program, don’t miss the chance to earn money toward your continuing education expenses! Download the 2023 application and view the eligibility requirements. Return your completed scholarship application to Members Trust on or before Wednesday, May 31, 2023, to be eligible for consideration. Scholarships are time-sensitive so do not wait or you may miss your chance!
Set Yourself Up for Success
Before you head off to college, let us help you head out with a strong financial foundation.
- You’ll want to make sure to have a savings, checking account, and credit card (with a small limit) set up. We can help with all three. This will help build your credit history and gain money management skills.
- No matter where you go, we are always within reach via our mobile app and mobile deposit so it’s super easy and convenient.
Let Members Trust help make these next steps a little easier and more affordable!