A Members Trust Federal Credit Union Visa Debit Card provides the convenience of cash with the protection of a credit card. Our Debit Cards (also known as a Check Card) let you quickly make purchases, easily track your transactions and dispute purchases, if needed. You can also use your Debit Card to get cash, at hundreds of FREE ATMs.
Visa Check Card Activation: 1-800-448-8268
Verified by VISA provides extra layers of protection when you are shopping with your VISA Debit Card. Verified by Visa also monitors against fraudulent transactions and notifies you of anything suspicious so you’re covered in the event your card information is used to commit fraud. Verified by Visa helps you regain control of your account and safeguard it for future use. It’s quick and easy to sign up for Verified by Visa.
ATM/Debit Card Safety
ATM Safety Tips
Automated teller machines (ATMs) provide a fast and convenient way for you to access your credit union savings, checking, and line-of-credit at any time of the day or night. Here are some safety guidelines to keep in mind that will help protect you and your accounts when using an ATM.
ATM / Debit Card Security
- Treat your card like cash. Always keep your card in a safe place.
- Keep your personal identification number (PIN) a secret. Memorize it. Never write your PIN on your card or store it near your card. Never tell your PIN to anyone or allow anyone to enter your PIN for you.
- Never give out information about your PIN over the telephone. Members Trust will never ask you for your PIN.
- If your card is lost or stolen, or you think someone may know your PIN, report it immediately to Members Trust of the Southwest Federal Credit Union.
- Never leave your receipt or discard it at the ATM.
- Check your receipts against your monthly statements to guard against ATM fraud.
Personal Security at ATMs
- After dark only use ATMs that are well-lit with minimal landscaping.
- Always look around before conducting a transaction. If you see anyone or anything suspicious, cancel your transaction and leave the area immediately.
- Have your card ready before you approach the ATM, to minimize transaction time.
- When using a walk-up ATM park as close as you can to the machine. If there are other people at the ATM remain in your car with the doors locked and windows up until they leave. Do not leave your car running or the keys in the ignition as you walk up to the ATM. Use your body to block the view of your transaction, especially as you enter your PIN and take your cash and card. As you return to your car after the transaction, have your car keys ready and check around and under your vehicle.
- When using a drive-up ATM, keep your doors locked and windows up until you are ready to use the machine. While waiting in line for the ATM, always leave enough room between your vehicle and the one in front of you for a quick exit should it become necessary. Keep cash, checks or money bags out of sight until you are ready for your transaction.
- If you are followed after using an ATM, where there are people, activity and security. If necessary, call the police.
Lost or stolen ATM/Debit card? Click here!
CALL US as soon as possible to capture your card and help prevent fraudulent charges!
During Business Hours:
– Houston – 713-681-0339
– Stephenville – 254-968-8543
– Toll Free – 800-683-6455
After Hours for Debit Cards:
Report Lost Stolen Visa Check Card: 1-800-264-5578