On March 13, 2020, Members Trust will convert to a new Credit Card Processor. This will allow us to offer the latest technology available and continue to provide the highest level of fraud protection. As we complete this upgrade, here are all the important details you need to know.
ACTIVATE YOUR NEW CARD
- When you receive your new card, call the phone number on the sticker of the new card from the primary number on your account.
- Be prepared to answer a few security questions based on the primary cardholder’s information.
- Destroy your old Members Trust Mastercard® Credit Card.
- Re-establish any recurring automatic billing with merchants.
TO MAKE PAYMENTS
If you currently mail your payments, send payments to this new address:
PO Box 660493
Dallas, TX 75266-0493
If you pay your credit card using Bill Pay, update the payment information with this new address.
Once you’ve activated your new card, notify any vendors with recurring payments such as a gym or home utilities that your Members Trust Mastercard® has a new credit card number and new expiration date.
Access Point is the new system you will use (instead of GoToMyCard.com) to view your card information, transactions, statements and more. You will need to register for Access Point in order to see your card information. To register:
- Log in to Online Banking at MTFCU.coop or via the mobile banking app.
- Click the credit card tab which will open a separate window for Access Point.
- The first time you will need to register by entering your name and email address.
- The next time you want to access your card information, you can log in via HomeCU and click the credit card tab.
If you would like to set up a PIN for your new card, please call 888-886-0083.
The new phone number to contact customer service for credit card assistance is 866-590-7718.
EMV CHIP TECHNOLOGY
Your new Members Trust Mastercard®will be an EMV smart chip card, which is the global standard for cards equipped with computer chips and the technology used to authenticate chip-card transactions. Because of recent large-scale data breaches and rates of counterfeit card fraud, card issuers are migrating to this new technology. We want to protect against and reduce the cost of card fraud.
The magnetic stripes on traditional credit and debit cards contain unchanging data. Whoever accesses that data gains the sensitive card and cardholder information necessary to make purchases. This makes traditional cards prime targets for counterfeiters who convert stolen card data to cash.
An EMV Smart Chip is that small, metallic square you’ll see on your new card. Unlike the magnetic stripe cards, every time an EMV card is used for payment, the chip creates a unique transaction code that cannot be used again. If someone stole the chip information from one specific point of sale, typical card duplication would not work because it isn’t usable again. EMV technology won’t prevent data breaches from occurring but it will make it much harder for criminals to successfully profit when they steal.
- If you currently have a Members Trust Mastercard®, new cards will be mailed out starting March 16th. You should receive your new Mastercard® by the end of March. If you don’t have a new card by April 1, 2020, please contact us immediately.
- The first day to see transactions online in Access Point is March 16, 2020.
- The last day to use your old credit card is April 30, 2020.
For more specific information about this credit card conversion, please give us a call at 800-683-6455 for assistance.