The Internet has made it easy for you to explore and compare different car dealers in your area or find available vehicles before you ever walk into a dealership. But while people do their homework when it comes to the make and model, they often neglect to do the math.
Don’t Just Start With the Car
Shopping for the car is usually the fun part, but it’s important to start with a budget. One common mistake is thinking in terms of monthly payments as opposed to the overall cost of the car.
Prequalifying for an auto loan is simple and saves a lot of time at the dealership. It also helps preserve your FICO score. By applying through MTFCU, you can take the necessary steps to ensure your inquiry is handled correctly. Too many inquiries, such as when you apply randomly online at many sites, can negatively affect your credit score. There are many perks to financing at Members Trust including:
- Our rates are generally lower because we pass savings from of our not-for-profit status throughout our product lines.
- While the loan approval process is similar, we are much more approachable and willing to work with you. We strive to provide a personalized approach that values you and your financial situation.
- Members report generally high satisfaction rates when conducting business with credit unions.
Try to be realistic about the features you need, versus extras that you might want but can live without.
Do Your Research
Your #1 tool is education, so be sure to use our Auto Shopping tool to simplify the process and shop with confidence!
- Research millions of vehicles in our massive inventory.
- Save time and money with Members Trust pre-approval.
- Find out how much you can save by refinancing your existing loan with us.
- Free CarFax, vehicle comparisons, and more!
Start shopping today and let us put you into the car of your dreams!